What Is The Difference Between Pursuing O-1A And EB-1A For Athletes And Coaches?
The Difference Between O-1A And EB-1A And Why To Use The O-1A First If Currently Located Outside Of The United States
For potential clients that are great candidates and also not currently located in the United States, we highly recommend pursuing the O-1A visa before pursuing the EB-1A visa in most circumstances.
The EB-1A is the permanent resident option for foreign nationals with extraordinary abilities. This option comes with a “Green Card” to the United States, but obtaining a green card can take quite a while, depending on the situation.
The O-1A visa is a non-immigrant option for foreign nationals with extraordinary abilities. This means that a green card does not come with this visa, but in almost all cases, this visa will allow much quicker access to the United States than the EB-1A permanent resident option.
We advise clients to obtain the O-1A to obtain admission to the United States much more quickly than waiting for EB-1A and consular processing to become available for Permanent Residence.
The O-1A Benefits Compared To The EB-1A Visas For Athletes And Coaches
- The O-1A is a non-immigrant version of the EB-1A.
- The O-1A typically takes much less time to obtain access to the United States with work authorization.
- The O-1A has the exact basic eligibility requirements as the EB-1A but is adjudicated at a lower standard.
- The O-1A is dual intent, which means it is outstanding to transition from O-1A to EB-1A while inside the United States already by Adjustment of Status.
EB-1A Visa Compared To The O-1A For Athletes And Coaches
- EB-1A is the permanent (Green Card) version of the O-1A
- Consular processing of a Green Card after approval can take a long time.
- The EB-1A has the exact basic eligibility requirements as the O-1A but is referred to a higher standard, making it more challenging to approve.
- Applying for the EB-1A through adjustment of status while inside the United States on an O-1A visa is much preferable to consular processing outside of the United States.
The O-1A visa can be filed with premium processing, and consulates around the World have current availability for interview dates. Depending on the circumstances, this means it can take a month to be inside the United States with work authorization.
In addition, the O-1A is adjudicated at a lower standard, so if you can get the O-1A, you have time to build a resume in the United States to be a great candidate for the EB-1A visa.
Finally, we have a unique program for persons interested in the EB-1A and choose us to do both the EB-1A and O-1A visa.
The EB-1A is 50% off when coupled with O-1 filing first. The adjustment of status fees is still the same.
Please find our pricing in the attached price list and at the link below:
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Let Us Help You, Your Immigration, & Your Family
We understand that immigration can be a complex and stressful process. That’s why we’re here to help you every step of the way. We’ll work with you to understand your individual needs and goals, and we’ll develop a personalized plan to help you achieve them. We’re here to provide you with the peace of mind you need so you can focus on what’s important: your future