The O-1, EB-5, E-1, E-2, and L-1 visas are all available for investment and business immigration to the United States.

The United States has a variety of visa programs that allow foreign nationals to enter the country to engage in commercial enterprises. These programs typically require applicants to invest a certain amount of capital in the United States and create or maintain employment opportunities for American workers. Some of the most common visa programs for foreign entrepreneurs and businesses include the O-1, EB-5, E-1, E-2, and L-1 visas.

The EB-5 investor and business visa is an employment-based visa category that allows foreign nationals to obtain permanent residency in the United States in exchange for investing in a new commercial enterprise that creates at least ten full-time jobs for U.S. workers. The EB-5 program was designed in 1990 to attract foreign capital and stimulate economic development in the United States.

To qualify for the EB-5 visa, an investor must make a qualifying investment of at least $1.05 million in a new commercial enterprise located in a targeted employment area (TEA) or $800,000 in a new commercial enterprise not found in a TEA. The investment must create or preserve at least ten full-time jobs for U.S. workers within two years of the investor’s admission to the United States as a permanent resident.

The EB-5 visa is a valuable option for foreign nationals looking to immigrate to the United States and invest in a new business. The program has helped to create thousands of jobs in the United States and has contributed to the country’s economic growth.

Foreign nationals who invest in the United States can apply for a two-year conditional permanent resident green card without needing a Labor Certificate or an employer sponsor. To remove the condition on their green card, investors must submit a request 90 days before the expiration date. This request must be accompanied by evidence that the investor has met the terms of the agreement, including proof of the investment, its sustainment, and the creation of full-time employment for at least ten employees. Investors who fail to file a request may be deported at any time after their conditional permanent green card expires.

E-1 and E-2 visas are an excellent way for international traders and investors to expand their businesses into the United States. These visas allow you to trade substantially or invest between your home country and the United States without worrying about permanent residency requirements.

To be eligible for an E-1 visa, you must be a citizen of a treaty country with the United States. There is no minimum investment requirement, but most applicants invest over $100,000 in goods or services.
To be eligible for an E-2 visa, you must invest substantial capital in a new or existing business in the United States. The investment required varies, but it is typically at least $100,000.

L-1 visas are for employees of multinational companies who are being transferred to a U.S. affiliate. To be eligible for an L-1 visa, you must be an executive or manager or have specialized knowledge. You must also have worked for the company for at least one year in the past three years.
Both E-1 and E-2 visas are non-immigrant visas, which means that you are not eligible to become a permanent resident of the United States. However, they can be a great way to start or expand your business in the United States.

Let Us Help You, Your Immigration, & Your Family

We understand that immigration can be a complex and stressful process. That’s why we’re here to help you every step of the way. We’ll work with you to understand your individual needs and goals, and we’ll develop a personalized plan to help you achieve them. We’re here to provide you with the peace of mind you need so you can focus on what’s important: your future

Scroll to Top