VISAS FOR EDUCATORS & RESEARCHERS
Have you devoted your time, energy, and resources to education or research?
The next destination of your endeavor may be the United States. If you have extraordinary abilities as an educator or researcher, you may qualify for an O-1A visa, a 3-year renewable visa reserved for specific individuals in science, education, business, or athletics. While this is a broad set of industries, obtaining an O-1 visa requires diligent preparation, substantial documentation, and an in-depth understanding of what USCIS needs to see before approving an application.
Educator Visa Attorneys – .innovative-immigration
At innovative immigration, we have extensive experience helping foreign educators and researchers obtain legal status in the United States. Our Charlotte educator visa attorneys can guide you through the application process, help you avoid common pitfalls, and present your case in the best possible lighting.
To qualify for an O-1A visa, you must possess extraordinary abilities and demonstrate those abilities within your application. Proof generally involves sustained national or international recognition of achievement. Essentially, it would help if you convinced USCIS that you are a leader in your field and that your expertise surpasses most of your peers. Additionally, you must be visiting the U.S. solely to work in the field of your abilities, as mentioned earlier.
- Receipt of prizes or awards at a national or international level
- Membership in associations that require outstanding achievements or expertise
- Original contributions to the field in a scientific, academic, or business-related capacity
- Original authorship of scholarly articles in professional journals or media
- The material in major publications or media about the applicant’s work
- A notably high salary (as compared to others in the field)
- Participation as a judge (on a panel or individually), evaluating the work of others in the industry
- Critical or essential employment for distinguished organizations
You do not need to meet the above qualifications if you have received a Nobel Prize or similarly recognized award. USCIS also allows you to
submit alternative evidence if the above factors do not readily apply to your field.
If you qualify for the O-1A visa, we can also help you obtain
legal status for your family members through the O-3 visa category.
If you have skills, ideas, or research you need to share with the
world, let us help you advance your cause. Give our educator visa lawyers in
Charlotte, call 704-243-8178 or contact us online today.
Let Us Help You, Your Immigration, & Your Family
We understand that immigration can be a complex and stressful process. That’s why we’re here to help you every step of the way. We’ll work with you to understand your individual needs and goals, and we’ll develop a personalized plan to help you achieve them. We’re here to provide you with the peace of mind you need so you can focus on what’s important: your future