Evaluate Your Eligibility
Understanding your eligibility is a crucial first step. We help you determine your legal qualifications and explore the opportunities available to you.
P-1A Visa Eligibility Factors
- Evidence of previous participation in a major U.S. team or league.
- Evidence of previous participation in a national team for an international competition.
- Evidence of previous participation with a U.S. college or university in intercollegiate competition.
- A consultation letter from an official of a governing body sports league or team detailing the individual or team’s international recognition.
- A written statement from a sports media official or a recognized expert in the sport detailing individual or team’s international recognition.
- Evidence of international rankings if the individual or team has received any.
- Evidence of significant national or international honors and awards in the sport.
O-1A Visa Eligibility Factors
- Receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence in the field.
- Membership in field associations that require outstanding achievements of their members, judged by recognized experts in the field.
- Evidence of authorship of scholarly articles in the field, published in professional journals or other major media.
- Published material in professional or major trade publications or major media that discusses the applicant’s work.
- Evidence of participation in a panel or individual judging of others’ work in the field.
- Evidence in the form of five or six letters and affidavits from prominent colleagues who can confirm the applicant’s original scientific or scholarly contributions of major significance to the field.
- Evidence of employment in a critical or essential capacity for establishments or organizations with a distinguished reputation.
- Evidence of commanding a high salary or other compensation for services, typically not applicable to academic positions.
P-1B Visa Eligibility Factors
- The entertainer or group has had major success in ratings, video sales, record sales, or box office sales.
- The entertainer or group has achievements described in trade journals or major newspapers.
- Recognition from critics, government agencies, or other field experts who can testify to the individual or group’s achievements.
- A high salary and good compensation for activities performed by the entertainer or group.
O-1B Visa Eligibility Factors
- Having performed or will perform a leading or starring role in events or productions that have a distinguished national or international reputation, as supported by critical reviews, publications contracts, press releases, endorsements, or advertisements.
- Evidence of national or international recognition or achievements demonstrated by critical reviews or published materials in major trade publications, major media, or other sources that discuss the applicant’s accomplishments.
- Evidence of a significant role in a leading, critical, or starring capacity for establishments or organizations with a distinguished reputation.
- Evidence of major commercial or critically acclaimed successes in the performing arts, as shown by box office receipts, records, cassette, video sales, or other indicators.
- Evidence of significant recognition for achievements from government agencies, organizations, or other recognized experts in the field.
- Evidence of earning a high salary or significant remuneration for services compared to others in the field.
- Other comparable evidence, except for those in the motion picture industry.
O-2 and P-1S Visa Eligibility Factors
- Evidence of why the P-1S or O-2 visa is needed.
- Evidence of past performance working with principal P-1 or O-1 visa holders.
- Evidence of skillset not easily produced in the United States.
- Evidence of unique skillsets that are valuable to the principal O-1 or P-1 visa holder.
EB-1A Visa Eligibility Factors
- Evidence of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence.
- Evidence of membership in field associations that demand outstanding achievement of their members.
- Evidence of published material about the applicant in professional or major trade publications or other major media.
- Evidence of being asked to judge the work of others, either individually or on a panel.
- Evidence of original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions that are of major significance to their field.
- Evidence of authorship of scholarly articles in professional or major trade publications or other major media.
- Evidence of work being displayed at artistic exhibitions or showcases.
- Evidence of performing a leading or critical role.